SACPCMP – Are you registered?
Thursday, 01 November 2018
Posted by: Tasveera Singh
The Act was published in the Government Gazette on 1 December 2000 establishing the South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP).
Clause 18 of the Act calls for the registration of the following professionals within the construction industry:
i) Professional Construction Manager
ii) Professional Construction Project Manager
The Association urges all our members and their staff members to apply for the appropriate category of registration with the SACPCMP.
The reasons for this are as follows:
- Department of Works are inserting this requirement as a Special Condition of Tender.
- Health and Safety Agents are writing this requirement into the health and safety plan for the project.
- Private clients are beginning to insist on organograms for tender submission showing the qualifications and registrations of staff members proposed by the bidding company to work on the project.
Qualification criteria for registration as a professional are published by the SACPCMP and all candidates are advised to check the requirements for the level of registration applied for.
A Professional Construction Manager (PrCM) shall possess one of the following qualifications:
- Honours degree in the Built Environment with 4 years’ experience
- B-Tech in the Built Environment with 5 years’ experience
- National Higher Diploma with 6 years’ experience
- National Diploma with 7 years’ experience
Should you require any additional information on SACPCMP please contact the Building Services Department of the Association.
RH Stembridge | Building Services Manager